As well as Bed and Breakfast accommodation, at The Ambers we offer a range of other activities and opportunities for our guests and their friends and family.
The house, garden and grounds are all available for hire for whatever event you may be planning.
- Weddings – The Ambers is a beautiful place for either the ceremony or reception for your wedding. There is plenty of room for bridal party preparations, and of course, overnight guests. Please also see our Weddings page for further information.
- Photo Shoots – The house and garden have previously been used for a variety of photo sessions by clothing brands, magazines and the automotive industry to name a few.
- Filming Location – The Ambers has been used for both music videos and longer TV series filming shoots (The Almighty Johnsons). Feel free to contact us for further information and availability.
- Corporate Events – The Ambers is available for a variety of corporate style events and business meetings and can be tailored to suit your requirements including catering and accommodation.
- Themed Nights – The Ambers host themed events like Murder Mystery Weekends or an event of your choice. These events can include accommodation, entertainment and catering. Please contact us for further information.
- Reunions – at the Ambers we love to host your reunion or anniversary whatever they may be, school, sports teams or even your wedding, we can cater for all your requirements including live music and comedy.
- Gift Vouchers. Surprise your loved one (or your parents, or a friend) with a one-night, or two night stay at The Ambers B&B. We produce a special voucher which can be used at any time over a 12 month period, subject of course to availability.
- High Tea At The Weekend. Get together with a few of your friends and have a traditional English tea party in the rose garden or, if the weather does not allow this, in our elegantly decorated lounge.
- A Girls Night/Weekend Away. Spend a night or two away with other female friends. Leave husbands and children at home and pamper yourselves with bubbles and canapés upon arrival. Dine on the terrace or in our French style courtyard. Next morning enjoy a massage and other beauty therapy on site. Spend the afternoon reading and walking the Estuary Walkway. In the evening, take a leisurely stroll at sunset along Orewa Beach and have a light meal at one of the many cafes. Next morning checkout after a late breakfast. Prices on application and dependent on length of stay.
- Honeymooners Return. Over the years, The Ambers has played host to many couples who having got married on our grounds, and have returned for a night of reminiscing. As a matter of course we offer a special package for our returning couples.
- Wine Tasting Afternoons can be arranged with a wine-connoisseur and finger food – taste award-winning wines. Dinner can be provided and overnight stays are as per our rates.
- Chess Or Bridge Playing Evenings. Play in the comfort of an elegantly decorated lounge in front of an open fire. Stay the night.
- Ski Weekends. The Ambers is less than 2 km from the well-known Snow-Planet in Silverdale so why not come and stay at our B&B and go skiing during the day? Have dinner at their restaurant and come back to our B&B for a cheese platter accompanied by some fine port or cognac.
- Enjoy a Helicopter Flight experience. Stay at The Ambers B&B, and be picked up in the morning from right outside the front door by a very experienced pilot of Heletranz or North Shore Helicopters for a scenic flight over Auckland. You can also buy your friend of family member a gift voucher for a combined overnight stay plus helicopter flight. Check out Heletranz or North Shore Helicopters for their pricing.
- Hot-Air Ballooning is fun if you have the height for it! Start your ballooning experience by staying at The Ambers the night before, and step into a hot air balloon basket in the early morning. Availability will always depend on favourable weather conditions.