10 minutes from the Ambers Luxury B&B:
- Hayami Japanese Restaurant, The Nautilus, Tamariki Ave Orewa Ph: 09 427 9264.
- Hola Mexican Restaurant, Moana Court, 350 HBC H’way Orewa Ph: 09 427 4652
- Joust Beach Bar & Restaurant, 268 HBC Highway Orewa Ph: 09 426 2411
- Malt & Steak, 8 Moana Avenue, Orewa Ph: 09 426 9402
- Mozaik Cafe, 350 Hibiscus Coast Highway, Orewa, Ph: 09 427 5633
- Mozaik Cafe, 61 Silverdale Street, Silverdale, Ph: 09 421 0844
- Pioneer Bar, 9-13 Tamariki Ave, Orewa, Ph: 09 421 1053
- Riverside at Bar and Dine, 12 Silverdale Street, Silverdale, Ph: 09 426 9656
- Ship & Anchor Restaurant, Bakehouse Lane Orewa Ph: 09 426 1539
- Thai’d Up, 180 Main Road, Orewa, Ph: 09 426 1599
- Thai Orewa, 328 HBC Highway Orewa Ph: 09 426 9711
- The Deck, 350 Hibiscus Coast Highway Orewa Ph: 09 426 7940
- Vino Per Favore, 2 Hillary Square, Orewa, Ph 09 421 0032
- Wade Hotel, 2 Tavern Road, Silverdale, Ph: 09 426 4311
5 minutes from the Ambers Luxury B&B:
SnowPlanet is New Zealand’s only all-year indoor snow resort
- Action Raceway
Small Road Silverdale
Indoor Go Kart Centre and Bumper Boats Ph: 09 426 1070
- Pioneer Village
Wainui Road Silverdale
A time trail through Silverdale’s past Ph: 09 426 8272
10 minutes from the Ambers Luxury B&B:
- Orewa Beach
Beautiful, long beach – is the surf up? Check it out! http://www.windsurf.co.nz/windsurf_cam_orewa.asp
- Peninsula Golf Course
Hibiscus Coast Highway Orewa Ph: 09 426 4001
This is the local golf course http://www.golfguide.co.nz/
- Rodney Walkways
Dozens of wonderful nature walks to enjoy the area’s unique coastal and rural environment
Ph: 09 426 0076
15 minutes from the Ambers Luxury B&B:
- Waiwera Thermal Spa Resort
Sparkling, clean, thermal mineral waters in a variety of pools
- Beak Farm
Fun, interactive, educational experience with animals 880 Wainui Road, Silverdale Ph 09 420 4420
- Couldrey House Museum
Historical House Museum of the Victorian/Edwardian era set in the beautiful grounds of Wenderholm Regional Park
Ph: 09 528 3713 or visit http://www.arc.govt.nz/albany/eventscalendar_ext/
20-30 minutes from the Ambers Luxury B&B:
- Gulf Harbour Golf Course
An international standard golf course http://www.golfguide.co.nz/
More than 30 minutes from the Ambers Luxury B&B:
- Tiri Tiri Matangi Island
Tiri Tiri Matangi Island lies 4 km off the coast of Whangaparaoa Peninsula.
It is designated an open sanctuary, cleared of predators and provides an opportunity to visit
a genuine open wildlife sanctuary featuring many species of endangered New Zealand bird life,
including the kiwi and takahe.
Ph 09 479 4490.
- Honey Centre
Largest bee display in New Zealand.
Huge variety of bee products including pollen, propolis, beeswax, beekeeping supplies, gifts, souvenirs.
An educational honey tour is available for groups and schools.
Just 4 km south of Warkworth, Corner of State Highway 1 and Perry Road Ph: 09 425 0132
- Goat Island (also known as: Cape Rodney – Okakari Point Marine Reserve)
Goat Island is one of New Zealand’s most successful marine reserves.
A magical maritime world with fish swimming all around you.
Rub noses with Grand-daddy snapper or simply experience the vast array of colourful marine life.
You can dive, snorkel or take the glass bottomed boat out and view the marine life from above.
- Kawau Island
Historic Reserve and Mansion House. This is the ideal spot for picnics, swimming, bush walks
and fishing off the rocks.
You can go surfing the waves on the speedy Kawau Jet, or visit historic Mansion House,
richly steeped in the history of the Northland region.
You can also visit the island’s copper mine. Ferry leaving from Sandspit.
Ph: 0800 888 006 http://www.kawauisland.org.nz or http://www.watertaxi.co.nz
Matakana Wine Trail
From Warkworth (about 50-60 minutes north of the Harbour Bridge)
there are six vineyards which are open to the public and offer wine tasting:
Ascension Vineyard & Café; Ransom Wines; Matakana Estate; Hyperion Wines; Heron’s Flight Vineyard & Café;
For further information
contact the Warkworth Visitor Information Centre: http://www.warkworth-information.co.nz
- Sheep World
Just 4 km north of Warkworth, there is a farm and nature park where they have sheep and dog shows,
pony rides, sales of luxury sheepskin rugs, footwear and clothing, premium quality merino wool and
possum fur sweaters, scarves, blankets and thousands of hand made New Zealand handcrafts.
State Highway One Warkworth Ph: 09 425 7444 http://www.sheepworld.co.nz