As well as bed and breakfast accommodation, at The Ambers B&B we offer a range of other activities and opportunities for our guests and their friends and family.
- Gift vouchers. Surprise your loved one (or your parents, or a friend) with a one-night, or two night stay at The Ambers B&B. We produce a special voucher which can be used at any time over the next 12 months, assuming availability.
- High tea at the weekend. Get together with a few of your friends and have a traditional English tea party in the rose garden or, if the weather does not allow this, in our elegantly decorated lounge.
- A girls night/weekend away. Spend a night or two away with other female friends. Leave husbands and children at home and pamper yourselves with bubbles and canapés upon arrival. Dine on the terrace or in our French style courtyard. Next morning enjoy a massage and other beauty therapy on site. Spend the afternoon reading and walking the Estuary Walkway. In the evening, take a leisurely stroll at sunset along Orewa Beach and have a light meal at one of the many cafes. Next morning checkout after a late breakfast. Prices on application and dependent on length of stay.
- Business meetings which include overnight stay, all meals, tea and coffee and condiments in a relaxed, quiet surrounding to discuss issues of importance in complete privacy. Transport to one of a dozen restaurants can also be arranged.
- Wine-tasting afternoons can be arranged with wine-connoisseur and finger food – taste award-winning wines. Dinner can be provided and overnight stay are as per rates.
- Photo shoots. The house and garden are available for top of the range clothing and luxury car advertisements.
- Filming location; this could be a short music video (see Woo Woo’s and Paper Hats Music Videos) or a longer feature film (see The Allmighty Johnsons). Please contact us for a quote.
- Evenings discussing parapsychological phenomena with a qualified psychologist interested in people’s experience with them: clairvoyance, precognitive dreams, telepathy, apparitions, telekinesis, conversations with the dead. Please note, the discussions about these phenomena are in the library of our house – and we do not propose to summon the dead or make tables and chairs move by themselves. A scientific approach is taken which tries to explain some of these phenomena. Dinner can be provided and overnight stay as per rates.
- In winter our B&B provides a suitable venue for chess or bridge playing evenings. Play in the comfort of an elegantly decorated lounge in front of an open fire. Stay the night.
- Ski-weekends. The Ambers is less than 2 km from the well-known Snow-Planet in Silverdale so why not come and stay at our B&B and go skiing during the day? Have dinner at their restaurant and come back to our B&B for a cheese platter accompanied by some fine port or cognac.
- Enjoy a helicopter flight experience. Stay at The Ambers B&B and be picked up in the morning from our front paddock by a very experienced pilot of Heletranz or North Shore Helicopters for a scenic flight over Auckland. You can also buy your friend of family member a gift voucher for a combined overnight stay plus helicopter flight. Check out Heletranz or North Shore Helicopters for rates.
- Hot-air ballooning is fun if you have the height for it! Start your ballooning experience by staying at The Ambers the night before (usual rates apply) and step into a hot air balloon basket in the early morning. Availability depends on favourable weather conditions.